SABAH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SABAH

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Selamat datang ke SBF, laman web berinfo dan membina minda rakyat Sabah ke arah perkongsian idea serta penggalakan pembangunan minda individu secara positif. Terdapat topik popular dalam forum ini yang hanya boleh diakses oleh ahli berdaftar sahaja. Semua lagu yang terdapat dalam laman web ini merupakan promosi sahaja. Sila ke kedai yang berhampiran untuk mendapatkan lagu tersebut. Semua post yang tidak sesuai atau melanggar peraturan berforum juga akan dipadam serta-merta demi menjaga nama baik SBF. Selamat berforum. Terima kasih. Admin SBF

Hello From Aussie... Again !!

Go down 
+2
Borneo
Aussie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie
Aussie

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Hello From Aussie... Again !! Empty
PostSubject: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Hello Again Sabah Forum,

Well, I have been home from my Sabah adventure for a little over one week now.

I enjoyed Sabah so much! I want to go back again!!

We started our journey in Sandakan, visiting the Orang-Utan sanctuary, and spending some time at the war memorial.
So much history and so much to learn and see...

We then went on to Mt Kinabalu, where some of our group climbed the mountain... not for me... I visited Poring hot springs and the tree top canopy walk, and Kundasang.

The countryside is just beautiful. I was always in awe of the jungle around us.

We then travelled to Kudat which is where My Grandfather was during the war. We reunited with a family that helped him all those years ago and visited some historic sites with very good storytellers to guide us!

We also went out to the tip of borneo to watch the sunset... I love sunsets anywhere I go...

Then back to Sutera harbour for 3 days of holiday fun... and lots of shopping! (FUN)...

I went to Sapi Island for some snorkelling one day which was fun!
Different coral and sea life than I see where I live...

The local (Sabah) food.... YUMMY....
I have always loved asian foods, and cook a lot myself... I was very happy to eat and enjoy the local cuisine...
If anyone here has a good recipe for Beef Rendang, made using fresh spices (not a made up mix in a packet), I would LOVE to know...
I have a lot of the same spices growing in my garden to use...

Terima Kasih Sabah, for letting me share your beauty and making my family feel so welcome.

We will return one day, hopefully not too long away!!
Back to top Go down
Borneo
VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator
Borneo

Number of posts : 950
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 am

Aussie wrote:
Hello Again Sabah Forum,

Well, I have been home from my Sabah adventure for a little over one week now.

I enjoyed Sabah so much! I want to go back again!!

We started our journey in Sandakan, visiting the Orang-Utan sanctuary, and spending some time at the war memorial.
So much history and so much to learn and see...

We then went on to Mt Kinabalu, where some of our group climbed the mountain... not for me... I visited Poring hot springs and the tree top canopy walk, and Kundasang.

The countryside is just beautiful. I was always in awe of the jungle around us.

We then travelled to Kudat which is where My Grandfather was during the war. We reunited with a family that helped him all those years ago and visited some historic sites with very good storytellers to guide us!

We also went out to the tip of borneo to watch the sunset... I love sunsets anywhere I go...

Then back to Sutera harbour for 3 days of holiday fun... and lots of shopping! (FUN)...

I went to Sapi Island for some snorkelling one day which was fun!
Different coral and sea life than I see where I live...

I have always loved asian foods, and cook a lot myself... I was very happy to eat and enjoy the local cuisine...
If anyone here has a good recipe for Beef Rendang, made using fresh spices (not a made up mix in a packet), I would LOVE to know...

Terima Kasih Sabah, for letting me share your beauty and making my family feel so welcome.

We will return one day, hopefully not too long away!!

Hai Aussie...I thought that you are not interested anymore on Sabah. Well, I am excited and speechless to know that you enjoy your trip to Sabah. I didn't know that Kudat is one of your destinations. I am glad that you met your grandpa's local friends here. How do you find Simpang Mengayau? One of our forumers, bushido, originated from Kudat. I hope you loved the sunset (you have said that indeed! ) especially it's totally different compared to other places. I noticed that you didn't mentioned Sipadan Island and Selingan Island which is popular destination for divers ( Sipadan ) and turtle island ( Selingan ). Have you met and spoken to the local Dusun people at Kundasang Ranau? Most of them there can converse fairly English Language if not a little bit.

I hope you can share with members of this forum regarding tourist destinations on Australia. See you soon! Cheers! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aussie
Aussie

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 4:37 pm

Hello Again Borneo,

I did indeed enjoy my Sabah Adventure VERY MUCH !

It is the first time I have travelled outside australia since 1989, when I visited Singapore for only 5 days... seems like that never happened it was so long ago...

I did not stop in Ranau, even though I wanted to, the other people I was travelling with only wanted to stop in Kundasang.
We met with Sevee, who operates the War Memorial in Kundasang.
He is a very wonderful man to keep such a beautiful memorial garden. It is very important to us as Australians that memorials such as this exist. And just as important to the people of Sabah also.

We also bought some fruit and vegetables in Kundasang.
We tasted 'Durup' (I think that is right) prickly skin with sweet fruits inside.
It tasted GOOD, but smelled AWFUL... we were wondering what the bad smell was in our hotel room, thought it might be bad shoes or socks...
but it was the Durup... funny how something that tastes so good, can smell so bad!! LOL...

We did not see any islands this time as the peole I was travelling with are not that interested in diving...
I did ride a ferry to Sapi Island for some snorkelling one afternoon...

Next year I am planning another journey to Sabah with my husband.
We plan to stay at Kapalai or Mabul water village and maybe do some diving.
After that then maybe climb Mt Kinabalu, as well as visit the other places I visited this time.

I plan to keep reading this forum and stay connected to Sabah.

If anyone has any questions to ask about Australia please do... I do not know everything, but I will try to help.

Here is also a link to my Flickr photo website if you wish to look at some of my photos.

Aussies Photo page

Again, Terima Kasih

From Aussie.
Back to top Go down
Borneo
VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator
Borneo

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:11 am

Aussie wrote:
Hello Again Borneo,

I did indeed enjoy my Sabah Adventure VERY MUCH !

It is the first time I have travelled outside australia since 1989, when I visited Singapore for only 5 days... seems like that never happened it was so long ago...

I did not stop in Ranau, even though I wanted to, the other people I was travelling with only wanted to stop in Kundasang.
We met with Sevee, who operates the War Memorial in Kundasang.
He is a very wonderful man to keep such a beautiful memorial garden. It is very important to us as Australians that memorials such as this exist. And just as important to the people of Sabah also.

We also bought some fruit and vegetables in Kundasang.
We tasted 'Durup' (I think that is right) prickly skin with sweet fruits inside.
It tasted GOOD, but smelled AWFUL... we were wondering what the bad smell was in our hotel room, thought it might be bad shoes or socks...
but it was the Durup... funny how something that tastes so good, can smell so bad!! LOL...

We did not see any islands this time as the peole I was travelling with are not that interested in diving...
I did ride a ferry to Sapi Island for some snorkelling one afternoon...

Next year I am planning another journey to Sabah with my husband.
We plan to stay at Kapalai or Mabul water village and maybe do some diving.
After that then maybe climb Mt Kinabalu, as well as visit the other places I visited this time.

I plan to keep reading this forum and stay connected to Sabah.

If anyone has any questions to ask about Australia please do... I do not know everything, but I will try to help.

Here is also a link to my Flickr photo website if you wish to look at some of my photos.

Aussies Photo page

Again, Terima Kasih

From Aussie.

Wah....that's a collection of amazing photos from U aussie...is that Ur family aussie?

Actually it's not 'Durup' regarding the smelly fruit U mention but I think its 'terap' or the local people here call it 'tarap' in our local tongue.

Heres the picture link with this smelly but tastes good fruit:

http://www.mount-kinabalu-borneo.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=317

I think this is the fruit U mention aussie.

Kundasang is actually under Ranau locality and actually Ur in Kundasang Ranau when U mention about Kundasang war Memorial. Ranau is popular with its cabbages which was introduced by the Mill Hill brothers soetimes in the 60's starting from Kampung Bundu Tuhan Ranau.

Looking forward to hear from U soon aussie! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aussie
Aussie

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:15 am

lol! Yes Borneo, that is it... Tarap... the stinky fruit that tastes good...
We do not get this in Australia.

I am glad you liked my photos... I forgot that there was also lots of "old" photos on there!!
Lots of pictures of my family's camping trips, but they are all about 3 or 4 years old, so my children are much more grown up now!!

Camping and fishing is something we do often and really enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Borneo
VIP Moderator
VIP Moderator
Borneo

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:03 am

Oh yes, I forgot to mention to you aussie that may be you want to share with us here interesting places to visit in Australia? I know the Sydney Opera house, but other interesting places is of course much more interesting to visit I suppose?
Back to top Go down
shalon6095
SBF Supersenior
SBF Supersenior
shalon6095

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 pm

Aussie wrote:
lol! Yes Borneo, that is it... Tarap... the stinky fruit that tastes good...
We do not get this in Australia.

I am glad you liked my photos... I forgot that there was also lots of "old" photos on there!!
Lots of pictures of my family's camping trips, but they are all about 3 or 4 years old, so my children are much more grown up now!!

Camping and fishing is something we do often and really enjoy.

hallo aussie...wahh... i enjoy to see ur photos.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueberry
Senior SBF
Senior SBF
blueberry

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:36 am

Aussie wrote:

i purposely post the beef rendang recipe (copied somewhere hehe..)just for u Aussie..u can read it at food & cooking..after u try, would u mind to send some for me...hahaha..just kidding... lol! lol! ..actually u r so lucky that u hv time to grow spices in ur own garden..hmmm..
Back to top Go down
hot_mama
SBF Supersenior
SBF Supersenior
hot_mama

Female
Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : Kuli .... / Gossip ....
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:31 am

Hi Aussie .. so glad that u like Sabah ! cheers 🐷
Back to top Go down
akinabalu
SBF Moderator
SBF Moderator
akinabalu

Male
Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 6:56 am

Hai Aussie!

When will be your next visit to Sabah Borneo? I thought you said it will be next year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From Aussie... Again !!   Hello From Aussie... Again !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello From Aussie... Again !!
Page 1 of 1